Duration: 24 Months
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following position.
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, m edical aid etc) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect.
This post requires dedicated and highly motivated people who have obtained a three year tertiary qualification to participate in an internship programme that seeks to capacitate re cent graduates for a career in Local G overnment finance. This internship is the init iative of the National Treasury; with the objective to h elp build sufficient st rategic management capacity at Local G overnment level.
A training programme is currently being developed which will expose the successful applicants to all facets of Local Government – related financial services. It must be noted tha t at the conclusion of the internship contract, the Municipality is neither obliged to extend the contract period nor to offer permanent employment.
|BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICEMunicipal Finance Management Intern (Two Year Contract)
Salary Scale: R96 000.00 Per Annum (All Inclusive)
|TOWN PLANNER TRAINEE18 Months Fixed Term Contract Stipend: R3 000.00 Per Month
Key Performance Area (Financial Management)
- Performance basic accounting functions .
- Interpret finance legislation and policies .
- Process invoice payment s from the capture and verification of the source documents .
- Manage the interface between the department al payroll and accounting system .
- Undertake b udget controls on expenditure and rev enue.
- Oversee expenditure management and reconcile grant s .
- Be trained in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (Town Planner)
- Provide assistance in terms of all submitted statutory planning permit applications.
- Compile documentation (under instructions and direction of the Planner and Junior Town Planner) to assist in the preparation of planning reports and other planning unit work.
- Maintain an adequate filing system for the planning and building inspectorate units.
- Provide clerical, scheduling and administration support to senior officials of the unit as required in consultation with the Supervisor.
- Provide administration assistance in the delivery of Council sustainable projects as required.
- Ensure delivery of the functions and tasks within the municipality as required.
- Exercise confidentiality in all processes and communication associated with the job.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
No municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc.) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect .
Closing Date: 04 May 2018
How To Apply
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and Identity Document, must be forwarded to:
The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h30 on the closing date.
Faxed applications will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. All enquiries should be direct ed to the HR Officer, Ms B Nondabula at (039) 834 – 7700.
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above mentioned position.