Hatch: Engineering Bursary / Scholarship 2020
Now you’re asking yourself, what would a career at Hatch offer me? Here are some of the things we offer:
- You will be encouraged to be the best version of yourself with many opportunities to pursue work in Mining & Metals, Energy, Digital, or Infrastructure sectors once you have completed your degree.
- Have the benefit of formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry.
- Have the opportunity to gain project experience in South Africa and around the world.
- Collaborate with different people across a multitude of cultures around our global organisation.
- Be part of an exciting work environment where you can use your Engineering degree, once you have qualified, in your choice of traditional sectors or emerging and innovative industries.
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, once you have qualified.
Our bursaries cover the following:
- Allowances (Computer, textbooks and monthly).
- Accommodation or a travel allowance.
- Vacation work.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- You must be a South African citizen.
- Tertiary Students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 65% or above.
- Grade 12 students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 90% or above.
You must be in possession of and attach copies via this application form of the following (Please note that if you do not submit all of these documents, your application will be disqualified):
- South African Identity Document.
- Grade 12 results and or Grade 11 results and written proof of acceptance from a recognised Tertiary Institution for the chosen qualification of study.
- Complete transcript of tertiary academic record.
- Comprehensive CV.
Ready to join us? You will have the following traits:
- Self-starter attitude
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious and innovative
- Comfortable initiating new ways of getting things done
- Love to learn and willing to explore new ventures
- Persistent and resilient
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Critical and creative thinker and problem solver, who brings forward solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges
- Strong sense of community and is aware of one’s impact on colleagues and the larger team
- Adaptable and embraces change
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at school or in the community