The safe handling of freight is dependent upon the relevant people complying with the specific procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling. This Qualification, therefore, is aimed at providing delegates in the Freight sector with an integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
People involved in freight handling play a key role in the movement of goods since they represent the physical link that ensures that the freight is efficiently and safely handled. The required knowledge and skills can be used in many other goods handling environments or equally as well in a full warehousing environment. On-the-job experience can progressively lead to positions of more responsibility in the safe handling of goods and freight.
On completion of this qualification, the delegate should be able to:
- Understand the principles of the Freight Handling business in South Africa.
- Understand the composition of the supply chain in the transport industry.
- Understand legislated and company required health, safety, environmental and security practices.
- Act responsibly when handling freight.
Minimum Entry Requirments:
- South African Citizens
- Grade 12 with a pass in English, Math or Math Literacy (34% and Higher)
- Target Group – Grade 12 graduates
Apply before Monday, April 20, 2020 –
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.