The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- English FAL
- Mathematics Literacy
- Physical Science
- Life Sciences
There are NO COSTS! All tuition is offered for free!!!!
Face to Face Classes:
- Offered by Grade 12 teachers with an excellent track record
- Offered at 50 venues, mainly in rural and semi-rural areas, nationally for June and November examinations only.
Multimedia Broadcasting Solutions
- Telematics Broadcasts at selected schools – nationally except GP
- Internet Broadcasting Programme (IBP) at selected schools in the Free State
- HD Open View Television Broadcast s – Channel 201 at 36 venues, nationally or privately (500 000 households connected)
- Dstv Channel 319 , Mindset Television Broadcasts (4.5 Million households connected)
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi broadcasts weekdays on SABC 1 from 5am to 6am with repeats at 11pm
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi YouTube videos
Digital Online Course Via Internet
- Online course to support learners
- Available throughout the year
- Compatible on all devices
- Available offline via the CAP at libraries, community centres, etc. (Mzanzi Online Libraries Project)
- Can be accessed on personal computers or at the 74 Vodacom centres, libraries, community centres, etc.
- No data costs for Vodacom subscribers utilising the Vodacom E – Learning site
- Mind the Gap in 8 of the 11 subjects
- Past question papers
- Study tips
- Maths and Science textbooks
- Available at Face to Face classes or from District Offices and DBE Offices
- Supplementary Exam Candidates: Learners who wrote the NSC the previous year and qualify to write a maximum of 2 subjects to meet the requirements of the NSC Examinations which are written in February/March. Face to Face Classes will take place in Feb/ March for a period of 12 hours.
- Progressed Learners: Learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects (multiple options) and will write the examinations for the outstanding subjects in June. Face to Face Classes will take place in April/June for a period of 30 hours.
- Senior Certificate (amended) Examination Candidates: Learners registered to write the Senior Certificate (amended) examinations in June. Face to Face Classes will take place in April/June for a period of 30 hours.
- NSC Examinations Part-time candidates: Learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2008 and will write the examinations in November. Face to Face Classes will take place in August/September for a period of 30 hours.
Contact your District Office/DBE website or call centres for the contact details of the following venues:
Face to Face venues
- Multimedia venues and Broadcast schedules
1. Open View HD Broadcasts
2. Telematics Schools
3. IBP Schools
4. SABC Education Geleza Nathi Broadcasts on SABC 1
Internet Access Sites
1. Vodacom Centres
2. Mzansi Libraries On-Line
3. Thusong Centres
4. SABC Education Geleza Nathi YouTube Videos